I’m sure by now you’ve heard that Twitter has shut down millions of accounts in the past 30 days. However, in the past 24 hours, it has hit our industry in a way it hasn’t before. PornoDan mentioned how across his 5 different business accounts he has lost as many as 250,000 followers. PornHub seems to be down as much as 25,000 today. Normally PornHub gains about 1,500 new followers a day on average.
So how about porn stars? I happen to keep track of this data over at Fame Registry. So let’s take a look at how many followers the bigger porn star accounts are being hit. Please note two things – these are an estimated loss of followers from data I gathered a few weeks ago compared to their followers from today.
- Holly Hendrix lost 9,804 followers
- Natalia Starr lost 8,014 followers
- Alexis Texas last 36,924 followers
- Alexis Adams lost 4,184 followers
- Gemma Massey lost 14,322 followers
- Nikki Benz lost 40,668 followers
- Nikki Delano lost 20,705 followers
- Sara Jay lost 24,814 followers
- Gabby Quinteros lost 25,691 followers
- Kendra Lust lost 28,614 followers
- Vicky Vette lost 40,922 followers
- Kirsten Price lost 23,466 followers
- Stormy Daniels lost 19,675 followers
- Asa Akira lost 26,936 followers
- Samantha Saint lost 21,837 followers
- Sophie Dee lost 23,960 followers
- August Ames 9,331 followers
- Trina Michaels lost 14,442 followers
- Francesca Le lost 22,013 followers
- Romi Rain lost 16,769 followers
- Skyla Novea lost 2,000 followers
- Dillion Harper lost 6.812 followers
Please note the Twitter purge is still taking place so these numbers are likely to change when it’s all said and done.
So who are all these lost accounts? Well, they are a combination of different types of accounts that Twitter is purging. It seems like in some cases they are older accounts or those who joined twitter with one email address and forgot which email address they used, now have a new one.
These are also a ton of twitter bot accounts — MILLIONS of them, which are used to spread fake news and manipulate the algorithms to push forward desired hashtag to the forefront and manipulate public views by spreading information that may not always be factual.
And no we aren’t just talking Russians either. I know a guy in our industry who has or should I say *HAD* hundreds of social media accounts and would use them to fuck with people in the industry he doesn’t like.
Hello, my name is Kelli Roberts. I am a published author, AVN nominated producer, and webmaster who has worked in the adult industry since August of 1996.