Erotic Trade Only, an adult industry publication based in the U.K., announced that its ETO trade show, which had been scheduled for this weekend, has been postponed until late summer.
AVN reports that organizer Jonathan Kirk said the escalating situation surrounding coronavirus/COVD-19 has made the decision inevitable.
“I am heartbroken that we are announcing this at such short notice, but nothing is more important than the safety of our exhibitors and visitors,” he said. “We have a moral obligation to them.”
The 2020 ETO Show was to take place at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry, but is now scheduled for Sept. 13-14. The 2020 ETO Awards have also been postponed until Sunday, Sept. 13, and all pre-purchased tickets are transferable.
Even though the risk to individuals remains low, Kirk said it would have been irresponsible for the show to have gone ahead in the current climate.
“If there was any way we could have guaranteed the safety of exhibitors and visitors while still hosting the show then we would have, but that is unfortunately no longer the case,” he said. “It’s hugely disappointing for us, and I know it will be for all the exhibitors who have been planning for this weekend for months, but it’s the right thing to do.”
Erotic Trade Only exhibitors and visitors who have booked to stay at the onsite Hilton hotel should call 02476 933 340 or email [email protected] to claim a refund or rebook for the new dates.
The latest information and advice on the coronavirus situation from the Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England can be found here.